Friday, January 16, 2009

The coldest day in Vermont

Despite the fact that the temperature was below -30 degree celcius this morning, it was beautiful to wake up. I took my time, taking the plow off from my Ford F-250 Super Duty truck. I didn't realize I had a dorm duty until I got to school. Still after taking off the plow and starting the truck, I began to rush -- brushing and flossing my teeth, shaving and jumping into a shower, putting anything clothes warm on with a tie and stepping out again into the cold and into the truck in which Maya, my daugther had been waiting. I needed to unlock the door of one of the classrooms I teach for a group of Bible study. I am very proud to be their advisor even though I have not had much opportunity participated much in the study. It was the first meeting of the year and semester. Thus, I made an affort to sit-in in the beginning of the meeting. Ben Price, a mdecial son leaded the study. He opened it by inviting anyone to any discussion. Somehow I ended up asking the group to help me pray for God's strength and blessing. I told them that going through medical school was the hardest task I have done in my life. It was even harder than being starving in Laos. Many times I was holding onto the edge of a cliff with my fingernails. With God's blessing and strength, I managed to keep my promise to become the first Kmhmu-Lao-American to become a medical doctor.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Thongvan. Hope you're well, happy and satisfied with your life. Thanks again for your comment. B. John

    ReplyDelete