Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rest in peace, Toy

My dearest friend, Toy
It was sad that you had to go away
fade away from this existence
I will always remember you
and what you've done for our Kmhmu people
At least that's what we knew best
We did what we could
To pass on forward
Our language, culture and traditions
Rest in peace, my dearest friend
Don't worry about us in this world
Your wife and children are well
May you move on to a new world
the world that will give you happiness
as this is what we would want to achieve in this world
in this existence
Go my friend, go and move on with your life
I will be here in this world for as long as I could
I need to get back to medicine
If you can, perhaps you can bless me
Ask God to give strength needed to become a board certified physician
I left my photocopies of my graduation photos and degree for you to see, Toy
For you to see what I have done for you
Because of your love for our Kmhmu people
I didn't give up for you
I brought back the Medical Doctorate and Master of Health Services Administration for you to see
I left the copies in your cofin for those distinguish guests of yours to witness
What you had done, to help the first Kmhmu-Lao-American to become a medical doctor in the United States
I didn't mean for you to harm me or take the priviledge I have
I need to go all the way, my dear friend
I need to become a board certified physician
You must allow this venue to happen for me,
for our Kmhmu people
As I am their hope, Toy
You must believe in me
You must not stop me
I need you to help me to reach our dream
Please acknowledge my degrees
and please bless me to on forward, Toy
Please rest in peace and move to your new life, my dearest friend....
So long....I will always remember you for as long as I live.....
Goodbye my friend.......I'll check on your wife and children....

This is my inner voice for Mr. Toy Vongnapeth, the former Director of the Kmhmu Family Association of Massachusetts, Inc. from 1985 to 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment