Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A deer dying

My wife and I went back to our house in East Albany, Vermont
The place where our farm house was the only one with electricity
The rest of our neighbors were left over hippies from the Kennedy era
A dentist daughter who felt in love with a country-like medical doctor son
A diplomat son who likes to live like a Vermonter in mid 1960s or early 1950s
We brought a little joy and hope to our new neighborhood then
We ate meat and drank the cheap American beers
Not like our neighbors who only eat organic foods and have no heart to strike a little cutie bird for a brunch
I did...yes, I did...that was how I was brought up to live and to survive in my childhood in Laos
My wife and I found a dying deer on our property
He was dying
"Poor thing," he was called
Dying, how fast can he be
The game warden was informed as I left our red house
With our dearest friend, Neil
Not a left-over hippie with his cool and stream-like mother of two or three
It doesn't matter
They were living
I was dreaming
While a deer was dying
I don't know
I just don't know why????????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment