Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

"This is the coldest Easter sunday I've ever had," my father in law kept telling us
At his age of seventy, I am sure he knows what he meant
His basement is warmth by the expensive woodstove,
which he earned through his hard working years
Waking early and traveling to several states to make a living
Raising a family in Glover, Vermont
Started out as a barber
Then, the hippies came; they took away his business
"Noone wanted short hairs," he exclaimed
Life is to blame
Life is a shame
If it is to blame
For life goes on and on
Noone is here to stay
We're simply passing by
through our journey
Life is this Easter
I spent with my father-in-law,
mother-in-law; their beautiful daughter,
whose is my wife and our two lovely daughters;
and not to forget, our pet and my black lab buddy,
Salem-Hieng
He is in a time share
with my in law and their two cats
Life is living
This is my inner voice tonight
B. John

No comments:

Post a Comment