Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another night in the Barn

The heavy snow has been pouring down like the 4th of July's firework
Here I am sitting in the Barn proctoring the boys
It is Saturday night, my duty will not end until mid-night
By the time I leave, the snow would have covered my plowing truck
Life is this second, while I listen to Amadeus Mozart
Who wrote his C-Symphony years ago, yet, here it is
Like the first day Mozart discovered its meladies
The crystal piano sounds and the summer sky violins
I see Mozart sliding pass the street covered with snow like tonight
Back to his home where his wife is quietly sleeping
Back to his room where he rolled his white ball over the pool table
Once the ball reached the end of the pool, it returns to Mozart's left hand
With his right hand writing, composing these meladies
I could just see and feel the fire that was burning inside of him
Yet, the burning flame can never escape even out of his soul
The heavy snow is still pouring down while I am typing these words
Soon some of the boys will return from the winter dance
While some insists in staying in the dorm
Their parents are far away
They're here to learn and to be adults
I am one of their science teachers
I shall stop myself at least for a while to go out
to see and watch the snow, another mysterious substance
Farewell........

No comments:

Post a Comment