Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Desperately hanging to tonight

Happy 7oth birthday, Reggie
Never thought this day would be here
Once I was a young man
Growing up in the farm
My father bought in Hyde Park
The only place I know best
in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont
I used to walk mile and mile across the towns
I played baseball like there was no tomorrow
It was a show like a heavy snow day
We worked, worked and worked to stay alive
Life is the day when I got to play
baseball to escape my world
with my girl beside me
I had no more fear or tear
I am 70 years now
The cloudy day
My son is gone
He is not forgotten
My daughter, son-in-law,
granddaughters and wife were with me
along my 2 cats and my daughter's black lab
What else can I ask for
on my 70th birthday
I've lived my life
from Hyde Park and Hyde Park
In the same mountain for this many years
Happy 70th birthday

The Barn
St. Johnsbury, Vermont
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment