Friday, February 27, 2009

You Tube

It was good to see in You Tube, a young Kmhmu band playing a song I wrote, "We're Kmhmu children. Let us love each other...." They're Kmhmu-Lao-American teenagers from Santa Ana, California. I wish I could have been a board certified physician already. So, I can do more for my people. Still, these young people have inspired me to even study harder and smarter in order to pass my USMLEs, find a residency and move on forward in my medical career. I need to start living today, not tomorrow. After reading and studying the first two chapters of pathology and pathophysiology this afternoon, while waiting for nearly 5 hours for my truck 2004 F-250 to be diagnosed and fixed by a Ford dealer in order to pass the Vermont State Inspection, I became scared with so much anxieties about my USMLEs. It made it worst when I received the bill, it was over $289.00. Last year this truck costed me almost $3000.00 for the state inspection. Nothing I could do except to pay the bill and start studying and thinking positively that nothing is impossible.

The Kmhmu teenagers from Santa Ana, California gives me the reason to believe in myself. "I have a promise to keep before I go to sleep," Robert Frost. Like the famous American song, "The Impossible Dream," which so many great singers included Elvis Presley have sang, I will not give up my dream either, no matter what. In order for me to become a medical school, I've had to put my wife and children, elderly mother, sisters and brothers, nieces and nephews, friends and Kmhmu-Lao-American through so much. I can't stop now. I need to go all the way to reach my impossible dream even at this later age of mine.

Thank you boys from Santa Ana, California. Thanks for believing in me. Most of all, thanks for your inspiration and for being the wonderful Kmhmu-Lao-Americans. You're the future of our Kmhmu people. If I can become a medical doctor in the United States, you can too. I came into this country as refugee with limited English. I had no parents in the United States to guide and support me. I have had to work to support myself and family while going through high school, college, graduate and medical schools. You can make something out of your life as long as you do it for our Kmhmu people. You will always reach your impossible dream also. For me, I have just enough energy to lift out this barrier that prevent me from becoming a board certified physician. I can do it. I know I can with God's blessing and strength. I know our ancestors and Kmhmu Cheung Empire are watching upon us from their space in time as we're looking up after them. Life is beautiful.

I've kept my promise to my daily inner voice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment